October, 2005 - Volume 90, No. 2
ACCF General Meeting Notice
Tuesday, October 4, 2005 at 7:00pm
Hazel Conference Center
Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington
1701 North George Mason Drive
Tuesday October 4, 2005
1. Pledge of Allegiance (formal start of meeting)
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes (June 7, 2005)
4. Treasurer's Report
5. Membership Committee Report
6. Reading of the Rules for Candidates Night
Virginia House of Delegates District 45
7:50pm - 8:04pm
Virginia House of Delegates District 47
8:06pm - 8:20pm
Virginia House of Delegates District 48
8:22pm - 8:36pm
Virginia House of Delegates District 49
8:38pm - 8:52pm Arlington County Board
8:54pm - 9:36pm Arlington County School Board
9:38pm - 9:39pm Adjournment
Message from the President
In July, the County Board voted to advertise a third lot coverage proposal and scheduled a vote on lot coverage for the November County Board meeting. The third proposal will be the main item for the Civic Federation's October program. Given the complexity of the issue, we will follow a similar format to the special meeting on lot coverage held last April:
- The Planning & Zoning Committee will make a presentation that describes all three lot coverage proposals, reviews Civic Federation action to date (including action on the first two lot coverage proposals), and gives the committee's analysis of the third proposal.
- Staff and committee members will form a panel to answer questions from delegates.
- All attending the October meeting-the public and voting delegates-will complete a very brief survey designed to capture the assembly's reaction to the third proposal.
- During a short break, the Planning & Zoning Committee members will compile survey results and revise a draft resolution (prepared prior to the meeting) to reflect the survey results.
- Survey results will be announced and the committee's resolution will be moved for discussion and a vote. Only delegates may vote on the resolution.
The Planning & Zoning Committee has provided information about the third proposal. The materials include:
1. A description of the third lot coverage proposal, how it differs from the prior proposals, and how it responds to the Civic Federation's resolution on lot coverage adopted at the special meeting in April
2. A summary of the pros and cons of all three options that have been advertised
3. A list of the properties that would be non-conforming under the new proposal, by civic association
Here is a link where you can retrieve the data.
When you get to the above site, you will see several folders. The new County data is in the folder marked "Third Option Analysis." Download the file, which is a zipped Excel document. Do not try to open it on the site.
For more information please contact Planning & Zoning Committee - Martha Moore, (martha+) 703-527-3782, Bill Gearhart, (bill+), 703-522-2276, Co-Chairs
ACCF Committee Chairs
Ad Hoc Airports Committee
Community Relations Committee
Cultural Affairs Committee
Ben Axelroad, Chair - 703-525-3083
Frances Finta, Chair - 703-528-2882/fax 703-528-0182
Parks & Recreation Committee
Planning & Zoning Committee
Public Services Committee - Amy Levin, 703-521-4894+
Revenues & Expenditures Committee
Special Events Committee
Jim Pebley - 703-525-0766
Tim Reese 703-533-0091, Co-Chairs
Frances Finta - Phone 703-528-2882/ Fax 703-528-0182
The Arlington County Civic Federation 2005-2006
Executive Committee Officers
Executive Committee Members
Arlington County Civic Federation
C/o Patrick A. Smaldore Jr.
3859 North Second Street
Arlington, VA 22203-3803
This page was last revised on: October 2, 2005.