Agenda and Minutes of the meeting of March 7, 2006
John T. Hazel Auditorium, Arlington Hospital
Agenda - Tuesday March 7, 2006
1. Pledge of Allegiance (formal start of meeting)
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes (February 7, 2006)
4. Treasurer's Report
5. ACCF Cultural Affairs Committee Program (60 minutes)
6. ACCF Planning and Zoning Committee BZA ZOA Presentation (20 minutes)
7. ACCF Planning and Zoning Committee TDR ZOA Presentation (40 minutes)
8. Unfinished Business
a. ACCF Resolution - Aligning Revenues with Budget Cycle (10 minutes)
b. ACCF Resolution - County Board Salaries (15 Minutes)
9. New Business/Announcements
Minutes - March 7, 2006 Membership Meeting
President Smaldore called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
1. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance led by Mr. Paul LeValley, Chair, Arlington Citizens for the Arts (ACA).
2. The agenda was approved as submitted.
3. Approval of Minutes. The minutes from the February 7, 2006
membership meeting were distributed for approval, and approved as amended.
4. Treasurer's Report. Balances: Checking $1429.61, Savings $1082.42, Combined $2512.03, Reserved for 9-11 Scholarship Fund $802.00, Net Available $1710.03. US Postal Bulk Mail Account $215.99. Dues for the current fiscal year have been paid by 77 of 82 member organizations.
5. Vivian Kallen, Chair of the ACCF Cultural Affairs Committee, introduced panelists Jon Palmer Claridge, Wendy Rahm, Paul LeValley and Jeremy Mayer who addressed the membership on the state of 'Arts in Arlington'.
6. Following a presentation by Terry Russell, Arlington County Zoning Administrator and a discussion and question and answer period, the proposed resolution involving the Board of Zoning Appeals ability to grant Zoning Ordinance exceptions was passed by a vote of 24-4.
7. Martha Moore and Bill Gearhart of the Planning and Zoning Committee discussed the implications of the recently passed Arlington County Board amendment concerning the transfer of density rights (TDRs). The Board directed the County to undertake a 'public process' prior to final implementation of the amendment. Colleen Connor, a planner for DCPHD attended the presentation and has been designated the individual responsible for conducting the public process, and her presence at the meeting was the first of a number of meetings intended to solicit and consider public concerns.
7. Unfinished Business:
A. Roger Morton and Burt Bostwick of the Revenues and Expenditures Committee presented a resolution for consideration dealing with 'Aligning Revenues with Budget Cycle'. After discussion, the resolution was passed by a vote of 21-11, with five abstentions.
8. New Business, Announcements and Introductions
B. John Antonelli of the Columbia Height Civic Association presented a resolution concerning Arlington County Board salaries. After discussion, a vote was taken and the proposal failed.
A. A draft resolution concerning the Arlington County policy on sidewalks was introduced by John Shepherd and referred to the Transportation Committee for consideration.
The meeting adjourned at 9:30 PM.
Submitted: Burt Bostwick, Secretary
This page was last revised on: April 24, 2006.