Proposed New Member: The Arlington Chorale
The mission of the Arlington Chorale is to create a rich musical experience for its singers and the community by performing well-known masterpieces and compelling new works. The Chorale bridges differences by creating a shared experience through unique and thought-provoking musical experiences that foster connections and create a sense of belonging. Building on over fifty years of choral art, the Chorale continues to present ambitious programming, rehearsing and performing primarily in Arlington. Additionally, the Chorale sponsors a youth outreach group, Performers with Purpose, that connects young singers ages 11-18 to other non-profits in the community, focusing on service through choral music.
The Arlington Chorale has three community partners this year: the Black Heritage Museum of Arlington, Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area, and Edu-Futuro.
Recent and upcoming activities include:
- September 30: The Arlington Chorale toured the Black Heritage Museum of Arlington
- November 18: Performers With Purpose performed at Edu-Futuro Emerging Leaders Program Graduation
- December 1 at 6 p.m: Caroling performance at the Gallery Underground
- December 2 at 10:30 a.m: Caroling performance at Clarendon Crossing
- December 9 at 5 p.m: Concert “Of All the Kings,” in collaboration with the Black Heritage Museum of Arlington at Westover Baptist Church
- December 10: Outreach performance supporting refugee families, in partnership with Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area
- December 20: Caroling performance at The Jefferson
WHEREAS the Arlington Chorale has requested membership within the Arlington County Civic Federation.
WHEREAS the ACCF Membership Committee has reviewed the Arlington Chorale membership request and has validated that the organization meets ACCF rules established by the bylaws, including that the organization has at least 20 members, that their demonstrated primary objective and principal work is consistent with the goals and purposes defined by the ACCF bylaws;
WHEREAS the ACCF Board voted on 19 November 2023 to recommend that the General Membership approve the Arlington Chorale’s membership application;
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the ACCF membership approves the Arlington Chorale’s membership request and welcomes them as a new member.