Planning and Zoning Committee
TDB • If you are interested in serving, please email the Board Chair
- [Apr 2019] 1101 Lee Highway Resolution [PDF, 57 KiB].
- Background on County Short-Term Rentals Ordinance [Nov 2016]
- ‘AirBnB’ Survey [PDF, 255 KiB]
- Proposed Regulations [PDF, 604 KiB]
- Lee Highway Visioning Update [PDF, 1,4 MiB] [Jun 2016].
- Open Air Markets Presentation [PDF, 3,0 MiB] [May 2016].
- Presentation at ACCF Meeting [PDF, 481 KiB]. [May 2015]
- Background on County Sign Ordinance Revision [Nov 2011]
- Background on Sign Ordinance Revision [May 2011]
- Discussion framework
- Presentation by Deborah Albert explaining the process for revising the Sign Ordinance
- Sign-related issues presented as a series of straw votes — with vote totals
- Sign ordinance background and source material
- Changes to parking on narrow streets and background to the withdrawn resolution (see February 1 minutes) on community benefit.
- Background on current topic: Accessory Dwelling Units 
- Letter asking the County to defer a vote on lot definitions
- Planning and Zoning Committee on Lot Restrictions
- Letter to the County Board on Rezoning 1101 Lee Highway
- Resolution on proposed zoning changes, April 2005
- Presentations, handouts, and survey results from the 4/23 Civic Federation Public Forum on Lot Coverage from Martha Moore’s server, including a summary in the English language of Arlington’s zoning rules and this note adding some details to that document. The summary won a Thumbs Up from the Arlington Sun Gazette. It is an exceptional piece of work and the first ever attempt to make our zoning regulations understandable.
- Here is the Federation’s resolution on lot coverage.
- The County has a database to check the status of your own property or others under the proposed zoning ordinance changes.