WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad cross-section of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
FY2021 (Jul 2020-Jun 2021) DUES NOTICE
Member dues for the 2021 fiscal year are due and payable, along with annual certifications. You should be receiving a notification from our Secretary, Allen Norton, in the near future. Please also note: 1) Dues for the current year have been reduced to $20; and 2) We are taking down our PayPal account to make necessary updates, so payment should be made by check and sent to ACCF, PO Box 42091, Arlington, VA 22204-9091.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the THIRD TUESDAY of the month from September through June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. For the duration of the Public Health Emergency declared in response to the covid-19 pandemic, all General Meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation will be held via Zoom.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 16 Mar 2021 at 7p via Zoom.
On 16 March 2021, the ACCF will conduct a virtual Membership Meeting using Zoom, a videoconferencing platform. Delegates, Alternate Delegates, others associated with member organizations, and the public are invited to attend.
Advance registration for the meeting is required and must be completed by noon on Tuesday 16 March 2021. To register in advance for this meeting, click here.
A confirmation email will be sent with unique meeting log-in/phone-in details. We ask for your cooperation and strongly encourage early check-in, which starts at 6 PM. To expedite the check-in process, please use your first and last name as your profile name, this will help our team ensure delegates receive their electronic ballots. If you are not familiar with Zoom, here is a link to information and instructions on how to register and participate the Membership Meeting.
Again, you MUST pre-register for the meeting no later than noon EDT, Tuesday 16 March.
- 6.00 pm Zoom Check-In for Pre-Registered Attendees Begins
- 7.00 pm Welcome. Pledge, Approve Minutes, Membership Renewal, etc
- 7.10 pm Presentation: Mental Health
- 7.50 pm Environmental Affairs Committee Resolution Regarding Public Collaboratives to Preserve Arlington’s Tree Canopy [PDF, 146 KiB], Report [PDF, 143 KiB] and White Paper [PDF, 906 KiB]. Speaker: Karen Firehook; USDA Forest Service, Director Green Infrastructure Center
- 8.30 pm Nominations Committee Slate Presented for Membership Approval
- 8.40 pm Old Business: Announce Call for Nominations Committee Candidates
- 8.45 pm New Business: Our Revolution Arlington Membership Application, Introduce Revenues and Expenditures Committee Resolution
- 9.00 pm Adjourn
MOST RECENT MEETING
Tue 16 Febr 2021
- Covid-19 Update: County Board Chair de Ferranti, Dr Varghese and Dr Miller
- Public Services Stormwater Presentation and APPROVED Resolution [PDF, 268 KiB].
- Parks & Recreation White Paper [PDF, 2,6 MiB] Presentation and APPROVED Resolution [PDF, 137 KiB]: Open Space Equity
- Call for Nominations Committee Candidates
- Video footage of the 16 Febr 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 16 Febr 2021 meeting is available here.
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Tuesday 2 March 2021
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 16 March 2021, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 21 March 2021, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Tuesday 6 April 2021
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 20 April 2021, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 25 April 2021, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Tuesday 4 May 2021
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 18 May 2021, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 23 May 2021, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Tuesday 1 June 2021
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 15 June 2021, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: TBA
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on meetings in prior years may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Mon 4 Jan 2021
- Joint Session with the Arlington County Board
- Parks and Recreation Resolution
- Video footage of the 4 Jan 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 4 Jan 2021 meeting is available here.
Tue 15 Dec 2020
- Airport Noise Mitigation Study: County Staff Richard Roisman
- Q&A on Airport Noise Mitigation
- VHC Trauma Center
- Video footage of the 15 Dec 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 15 Dec 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 17 Nov 2020
- Legislative Committee: Qualified Immunity (40 min)
- GMU Arlington Campus Expansion; Liza Wilson Durant, GMU Associate Provost
- Arlington DES: Parking Permits Review Report; Stephen Crim, Parking Program Manager for DES Transportation Engineering and Operations Bureau (20 min)
- ACCF Governance Task Force: Member Slate
- Old Business
- Vote on Ratifying a Boundary Agreement Between Columbia Heights CA [CHCA] and Green Valley CA [GVCA] PDF, 536 KiB.
- New Business: Resolution to Amend the Bylaws; Awards and Banquet Committee Status Update
- Video footage of the 17 Nov 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 17 Nov 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 20 Oct 2020
- Emergency Resolutions Electronic Ballot (see the October 2020 Civic Voice for details)
- Legislative Committee Report and Discussion
- COVID Update: Dr Reuben Varghese, Aaron Miller, Zachary Pope; Questions
- Overview of November General Election Ballot Bonds; relevant committees and county staff will cover specific bonds an questions
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force (and Committee Slate)
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Video footage of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 8 Sept 2020
- 2020 Candidates Forum
- NAACP Membership Application and Vote
- Introduction of a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force
- Introduction of a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Introduction of a Resolution regarding the 2020 Arlington Park Bond
- DRAFT Resolution [PDF, 154 KiB].
- The draft resolution was accepted by the Chair and referred to the Parks and Recreation, Public Services and Revenues and Expenditures Committees.
- Video footage of the 8 Sept 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 8 Sept 2020 meeting is available here.
Disclaimer: The Arlington County Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.