WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad cross-section of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the THIRD TUESDAY of the month from September through June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. Meetings are held at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center, ive. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices off 16th Street North, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
In case of bad weather, ACCF follows Arlington Public Schools (APS) alert announcements. They review for both day and evening events. Our venue, the Virginia Hospital Center, remains open. However, we do not want our audience members and speakers to risk life, limb or bumper to make it to our meeting. Speakers would be rescheduled for future time.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 15 Sept 2020 at 7.00 pm; Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center OR via Zoom
MOST RECENT MEETING
Tue 16 Jun 2020
- County Board Special Election Candidate Forum and Questions
- Bob Cambridge, Republican Party Nominee
- Susan Cunningham, Independent Candidate
- Takis Karantonis, Democratic Party Nominee
- Dr Francisco Durán, APS Superintendent. Presentation [PDF, 1,8 MiB].
- Officer Elections for FY2021
- Allan Gajadhar, President
- Tina Worden, Vice-President
- Allen Norton, Secretary
- Burt Bostwick, Treasurer
- Michael Cantwell, Board Member, at-Large
- Eric Cassel, Board Member, at-Large
- Mike McMenamin, Board Member, at-Large
- Stacy Meyer, Board Member, at-Large
- John Vihstadt, Board Member, at-Large
- Old Business: Minutes Approval, New Business: Public Services Committee Chair, Stormwater Management
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 19 July 2020, 6p, via Zoom
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 23 August 2020, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 3 September 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 7p, Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center or via Zoom
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 20 September 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd or via Zoom
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on meetings in prior years may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Tue 19 May 2020
- Presentation and Questions: Parisa Dehgani-Tafti, “Changes in the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office; First Quarter Progress” Presentation [PDF, 600 KiB].
- Presentation and Questions: Bill Browning, “White-tailed deer and Forest Health in Northern Virginia” Presentation [PDF, 3,1 MiB].
- Report and Vote on the Parks and Recreation Committee Resolution Regarding Balanced Allocation of Bond Funds for Park and Recreation Uses
- Video footage of the 19 May 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 19 May 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 21 Apr 2020
- Update on Arlington County’s Response to COVID-19
- Report and Vote on the Livability Resolution DRAFT RESOLUTION [PDF, 59 KiB]
- Report and Vote on the Revenue & Expenditures Committee Resolution on the County Auditor DRAFT RESOLUTION and REPORT [PDF, 287 KiB]
- Video footage of the 21 Apr 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 21 Apr 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 17 Mar 2020
- Cancelled due to Covid-19 pandemic.
Tue 18 Febr 2020
- Arlington School Board
- Public Services Committee Panel on Youth Mental Health
- FINAL video footage of the 18 Febr 2020 meeting is available here.
Thu 2 Jan 2020
- Annual Meeting with County Board
- Ad-Hoc Livability Committee Resolution on Livability [DRAFT RESOLUTION, PDF, 110 KiB].
Tue 17 Dec 2019
- County Manager Priorities for 2020 [presented by Richard Stevenson, Arlington County Budget Director] Presentation [2,4 MiB, PDF].
- Beyond Amazon: Livability Presentation [1,9 MiB, PDF].
- FINAL video footage of the 17 Dec 2019 meeting is available here.
Tue 19 Nov 2019
- Virginia General Assembly Elected Senators and Delegates
- Arlington Public Schools: Elementary Redistricting 2020
- Public Services Committee Resolution on Flood Mitigation and Stormwater Management ADOPTED resolution [PDF, 147 KiB].
- Video footage of the 19 Nov 2019 meeting is available here.
Tue 15 Oct 2019
- Community Energy Plan; Rich Dooley, Community Energy Coordinator, Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE) [20 min]
- Presentation [PDF, 2.8 MiB]
- Multi-Family Housing Zoning [90 min]
- Video footage of the 15 Oct 2019 meeting is available here.
Tue 3 Sept 2019
- Candidates’ Forum: Arlington County Board; Virginia Senate, 32d District; Virginia House of Delegates, 49th District.
- Video footage of the 3 Sept 2019 meeting is available here.
Disclaimer: The Arlington County Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.