WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad cross-section of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the THIRD TUESDAY of the month from September through June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. For the duration of the Public Health Emergency declared in response to the covid-19 pandemic, all General Meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation will be held via Zoom.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 14 Sept 2021 at 7p.
Annual candidates’ night.
MOST RECENT MEETING
Tue 15 Jun 2021
- ACCF Officer and Board Candidates for FY2022; Elections
- Officers, FY2022: Allan Gajadhar, President; Nicole Merlene, Vice-President; Alistair Watson, Secretary; Stacy Meyer, Treasurer.
- Board Members At Large, FY 2022: Eric Cassel, Nadia Conyers, Mary Glass, Mona Steffen, Julia Tanner, Chris Wimbush
- CIP Panel: Richard Stephenson, Budget Director Arlington DMF
- Presentation [PDF, 1,10 MiB]
- Livability 22202 Committee
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: NOTE CHANGE Saturday 26 June 2021, 4p, via Zoom
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on meetings in prior years may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Tue 18 May 2021
Goldstein, and Priddy. Presentation [PDF,791 KiB].
Tue 20 Apr 2021
- Legislative Affairs: Data Privacy & Civil Rights
- Presentation: Data Privacy, Professor Paul Rosenzweig [PDF, 349 KiB].
- Presentation: Civic Data Aggregation, Dr Margaret Leary [PDF, 698 KiB].
- Presentation: Data Security, Dr Jasmine McNealy [PDF, 183 KiB].
- Public Services: Current Status of the Police Practices Group
- Presentation [PDF, 468 KiB].
- Old Business: Revenues & Expenditures Draft Resolution on County Fiscal Oversight
- New Business: Draft Bylaws Amendment Regarding Suspension of Civic Associations not Meeting Membership Requirements
- Video footage of the 20 Apr 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 20 Apr 2021 meeting is available here.
Tue 16 Mar 2021
- Senator Mark Warner, COVID update, and Q&A
- Presentation: Mental Health
- Environmental Affairs Committee Resolution Regarding Public Collaboratives to Preserve Arlington’s Tree Canopy [APPROVED RESOLUTION,PDF, 129 KiB], Report [PDF, 143 KiB] and White Paper [PDF, 906 KiB]. Presenter: Karen Firehock; Director, Green Infrastructure Center, Scottsville, VA Presentation [20,4 MiB, PDF]
- Nominations Committee Slate Presented for Membership Approval [SLATE, PDF, 386KiB] Approved, 54 yea, 1 nay, 6 abstained/not voting]
- New Business: Our Revolution Arlington Membership Application [Approved, 40 yea, 11 nay, 10 abstained/not voting]
- Introduce Revenues and Expenditures Committee Resolution
- Video footage of the 16 Mar 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 16 Mar 2021 meeting is available here.
Tue 16 Febr 2021
- Covid-19 Update: County Board Chair de Ferranti, Dr Varghese and Dr Miller
- Public Services Stormwater Presentation and APPROVED Resolution [PDF, 268 KiB].
- Parks & Recreation White Paper [PDF, 2,6 MiB] Presentation and APPROVED Resolution [PDF, 137 KiB]: Open Space Equity
- Call for Nominations Committee Candidates
- Video footage of the 16 Febr 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 16 Febr 2021 meeting is available here.
Mon 4 Jan 2021
- Joint Session with the Arlington County Board
- Parks and Recreation Resolution
- Video footage of the 4 Jan 2021 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 4 Jan 2021 meeting is available here.
Tue 15 Dec 2020
- Airport Noise Mitigation Study: County Staff Richard Roisman
- Q&A on Airport Noise Mitigation
- VHC Trauma Center
- Video footage of the 15 Dec 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 15 Dec 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 17 Nov 2020
- Legislative Committee: Qualified Immunity (40 min)
- GMU Arlington Campus Expansion; Liza Wilson Durant, GMU Associate Provost
- Arlington DES: Parking Permits Review Report; Stephen Crim, Parking Program Manager for DES Transportation Engineering and Operations Bureau (20 min)
- ACCF Governance Task Force: Member Slate
- Old Business
- Vote on Ratifying a Boundary Agreement Between Columbia Heights CA [CHCA] and Green Valley CA [GVCA] PDF, 536 KiB.
- New Business: Resolution to Amend the Bylaws; Awards and Banquet Committee Status Update
- Video footage of the 17 Nov 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 17 Nov 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 20 Oct 2020
- Emergency Resolutions Electronic Ballot (see the October 2020 Civic Voice for details)
- Legislation Committee Interim Report [PDF, 435 KiB] on Civil Rights, Presentation [PDF, 1,8 MiB], and Discussion
- COVID Update: Dr Reuben Varghese, Aaron Miller, Zachary Pope; Questions
- Overview of November General Election Ballot Bonds; relevant committees and county staff will cover specific bonds an questions
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force (and Committee Slate)
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Video footage of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
Tue 8 Sept 2020
- 2020 Candidates Forum
- NAACP Membership Application and Vote
- Introduction of a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force
- Introduction of a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Introduction of a Resolution regarding the 2020 Arlington Park Bond
- DRAFT Resolution [PDF, 154 KiB].
- The draft resolution was accepted by the Chair and referred to the Parks and Recreation, Public Services and Revenues and Expenditures Committees.
- Video footage of the 8 Sept 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 8 Sept 2020 meeting is available here.
Disclaimer: The Arlington County Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.