WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad segment of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month from September thorough June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. Meetings are held at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center, ive. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices off 16th Street North, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
In case of bad weather, ACCF follows Arlington Public Schools (APS) alert announcements. They review for both day and evening events. Our venue, the Virginia Hospital Center, remains open. However, we do not want our audience members and speakers to risk life, limb or bumper to make it to our meeting. Speakers would be rescheduled for future time.
The Civic Federation is changing the day on which it holds its monthly meetings. Effective October 2019, the Federation’s General Membership Meetings will move to the third Tuesday of the month until further notice. The meetings will continue to start at 7 PM and will continue to be held in the Hazel Auditorium at Virginia Hospital Center.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 15 Oct 2019
Refreshments at 6.30p, meeting at 7p. Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center
- Multi-Family Housing Zoning; Community Environmental Program
MOST RECENT MEETING
3 Sept 2019
- Candidates’ Forum: Arlington County Board; Virginia Senate, 32d District; Virginia House of Delegates, 49th District.
- Video footage of the 3 Sept 2019 meeting is available here.
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
Full 2019-2020 SCHEDULE COMING SOON
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 8 September 2019, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 3 October 2019
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 15 October 2019 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center: Multi-Family Housing Zoning; Community Environmental Program
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 7 November 2019
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 19 November 2019 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center: Non-Contested Offices; Constitutional Offices; Stormwater Management
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on prior meetings may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Disclaimer: The Arlington Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.