WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad cross-section of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the THIRD TUESDAY of the month from September through June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. Meetings are held at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center, ive. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices off 16th Street North, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
In case of bad weather, ACCF follows Arlington Public Schools (APS) alert announcements. They review for both day and evening events. Our venue, the Virginia Hospital Center, remains open. However, we do not want our audience members and speakers to risk life, limb or bumper to make it to our meeting. Speakers would be rescheduled for future time.
– – – – – – CANCELLATION NOTICE – – – – – –
March Membership Meeting (17 March 2020) and 2020 Banquet (17 April 2020)
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Directors of the Civic Federation has voted to cancel the March 17th membership meeting, and the Annual Banquet scheduled for April 17th. This decision was not made lightly, but limiting or cancelling non-essential public meetings is a critical component of the public health strategy to limit the spread of the infection.
Arlington County will host another live broadcast next week regarding the outbreak, we will send information about this as soon as it is available. Also, the Arlington County Public Health Division has created a very informative website: What you need to know about COVID-19.
For those who have already paid for the banquet, refunds will be issued. Please contact our Treasurer Burt Bostwick at treasurer < at > civfed.org with your correct mailing address to insure repayment.
There are two budget resolutions that were on the agenda for the membership meeting. The Board will determine how to address this at our next board meeting, which will be held virtually.
For further information or for any questions, please reach out to Acting President Allan Gajadhar at allan.g < at > civfed.org.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 17 Mar 2020 at
CANCELLED. SEE ABOVE.
The March Civic Voice is available here [PDF, 276 KiB].
MOST RECENT MEETING
Tue 18 Febr 2020
- Arlington School Board
- Public Services Committee Panel on Youth Mental Health
- FINAL video footage of the 18 Febr 2020 meeting is available here.
- The February Civic Voice is available here [PDF, 222 KiB].
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 17 March 2020 CANCELLED
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 22 March 2020, 6p, VIRTUAL
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 9 April 2020
- 104th ANNUAL BANQUET: Friday 17 April 2020 CANCELLED
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 21 April 2020 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 26 April 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 7 May 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 19 May 2020 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 24 May 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 4 June 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 16 June 2020 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 21 June 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 26 July 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 23 August 2020, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on meetings in prior years may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Thu 2 Jan 2020
- Annual Meeting with County Board
- Ad-Hoc Livability Committee Resolution on Livability [DRAFT RESOLUTION, PDF, 110 KiB].
Tue 17 Dec 2019
- County Manager Priorities for 2020 [presented by Richard Stevenson, Arlington County Budget Director] Presentation [2,4 MiB, PDF].
- Beyond Amazon: Livability Presentation [1,9 MiB, PDF].
Tue 19 Nov 2019
- Virginia General Assembly Elected Senators and Delegates
- Arlington Public Schools: Elementary Redistricting 2020
- Public Services Committee Resolution on Flood Mitigation and Stormwater Management ADOPTED resolution [PDF, 147 KiB].
- Video footage of the 19 Nov 2019 meeting is available here.
Tue 15 Oct 2019
- Community Energy Plan; Rich Dooley, Community Energy Coordinator, Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE) [20 min]
- Presentation [PDF, 2.8 MiB]
- Multi-Family Housing Zoning [90 min]
- Video footage of the 15 Oct 2019 meeting is available here.
Tue 3 Sept 2019
- Candidates’ Forum: Arlington County Board; Virginia Senate, 32d District; Virginia House of Delegates, 49th District.
- Video footage of the 3 Sept 2019 meeting is available here.
Disclaimer: The Arlington County Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.