General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are held on the first Tuesday of the month from September thorough June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. Beginning in September 2016, our general membership meeting start time will move to 7.00 pm. Meetings are held at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center, ive. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices off 16th Street North, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
In case of bad weather, ACCF follows Arlington Public Schools (APS) alert announcements. They review for both day and evening events. Our venue, the Virginia Hospital, remains open. However, we do not want our audience members and speakers to risk life, limb or bumper to make it to our meeting. Speakers would be rescheduled for future time.
GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 7.00p
- 7.00p Call to Order
- 7.05p President’s Award
- 7.10p Complete Streets
- 7.25p Liability Insurance Panel
- 8.25p Yard Waste (Tentative)
- 8.40p Revenue & Expenditures Committee Report [PDF, 68 KiB] and Vote on Retirement Funding Resolution [PDF, 59 KiB]
- 8.50p New Business
- 9.00p Adjourn
The May 2017 Civic Voice is available here [PDF, 735 KiB].
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 6.30p
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7p: ACCF Elections, Resolution on Umbrella General Liability Insurance [PDF, 115 KiB].
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 6.30p
- FISCAL YEAR CLOSEOUT/OFFICER TRANSITION: Friday/Saturday, June 30/July 1, 2017
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday, May 25, 2017
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
4 April 2017
- Presentation, Water Pollution Control Plant Solids Master Plan Update by Mary Strawn, Project Manager, Arlington County [PDF, 796 KiB]
- Presentation, Joint Facilities Advisory Committee (JFAC) by Greg Greeley, Vice-Chair [PDF, 687 KiB]
- Adopted Revenue & Expenditures Committee Retirement Funding Resolution [PDF, 59 KiB] and Report [PDF, 68 KiB].
- PENDING – 4 Apr 2017 ACCF Meeting Video
7 March 2017
- Presentation, The Changing Face of Secondary Education, Arlington Tech Principal, Margaret Chung [PDF, 1,7 MiB]
- Presentation, Arlington County School Board (Nancy Van Doren, Chair; Barbara
Kanninen, Vice Chair; and Members Reid Goldstein, James S. Lander, and
Tannia Talento) [PDF, 2,2 MiB]
- County Board Consent Agenda Resolution [Passed 39-0] [PDF, 249 KiB]
- 7 Mar 2017 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to our Arlington County Career Center students Flor Cáceres-Godoy and Alex Pageotte, their Career Center instructor Tom O’Day, and Duane Lomis, an APS Video Systems Specialist, for making a video recording of this Federation meeting.
7 February 2017
- Presentation by Real Estate Tax Relief Working Group; Paul Holland, Chair, Fiscal Affairs Advisory Commission (FAAC) and Patricia Sullivan, Vice-Chair, Commission on Aging (COA) [PDF, 557 KiB]
- Presentation on Floodplains and Stormwater by Arlington County Staff; Elizabeth L. Thurber, P.E., Stormwater Infrastructure, FEMA Floodplains; Christin Jolicoeur, Watershed Planner, Resource Protection Areas; Aileen Winquist, Watershed Outreach Program Manager, Stormwater Management [PDF, 4.4 MiB]
- 7 Febr 2017 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington County Career Center students Phillip Wince and Christian Porter for filming, Flor Cáceres-Godoy for editing, Tom O’Day, student advisor and producer.
3 January 2017
- Meeting with the Arlington County Board
- 3 Jan 2017 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington County Career Center students Christian Porter, Alex Pageotte, Flor Cáceres-Godoy and Rudy Henriquez for filming and editing, and Tom O’Day, student advisor and producer.
6 December 2016
- Presentation by Arlington Public Schools Superintendent Patrick Murphy [PDF, 1.5 MiB]
- Presentation by Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz
- Short-Term Rentals Survey Results [PDF, 1.1 MiB]
- 6 Dec 2016 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington County Career Center students Christian Porter and Alex Pageotte for filming and Flor Cáceres-Godoy for editing. Thank you to Tom O’Day, student advisor and producer.
1 November 2016
- Background on County Short-Term Rentals Ordinance
- Background on Medical Marijuana Resolution
- Presentation on Predatory Towing [PDF, 260 KiB]
- 1 Nov 2016 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington County Career Center students Rudy Rodriguez and Christian Porter for filming and Alex Pageotte for editing. Thank you to Tom O’Day, student advisor and producer.
4 October 2016
- Urban Agriculture Presentation [PDF, 1.2 MiB]
- 2016 School Bond Presentation [PDF, 1.2 MiB]
- 911 Scholarships Presentation [PDF, 2.5 MiB]
- 4 Oct 2016 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington County Career Center students Rudy Henriquez, Christian Porter and Daniela L. for filming; Flor Cáceres-Godoy for editing; and Tom O’Day, student advisor and producer.
6 September 2016
- Candidates’ Forum: Arlington School Board Candidates
- Candidates’ Forum: Virginia 8th District Congressional Candidates
- 6 Sept 2016 ACCF Meeting Video
Thank you to Arlington Independent Media including Michael Shea, producer; Kimberly Phillip, director and Antonio Villaronga, camera operator. The event can also be seen on Comcast channel 69 and Verizon channel 38, or streaming on the AIM website.
23 August 2016
Everything You Wanted to Know About Bylaws (and More)
Information on prior meetings may be found in the Meeting Archive.