Civic Federation meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month (September – June; except for November). Meetings begin at 7:30 pm at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:30 pm
This month’s Civic Voice is available here [PDF, 0.99 MiB].
The agenda for the evening is as follows:
- 7.30p—Call to Order
- 7.40p—Acting County Manager Mark Schwartz
- 8.15p—Stratford Historic Designation Panel; vote on Schools Committee Resolution regarding Stratford to follow. Draft Resolution here [PDF, 47KiB, Updated 6 Oct 2015].
- 9.00p—Unfinished Business; Announcements
- 9.15p—New Business, including New Parks Resolution
Please refer to the Schools Committee page for a full listing of reports, letters and other information regarding Stratford from APS, County staff, HALRB, and BLPC.
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, December 6, 2015
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- APS (Arlington Public Schools) Superintendent (Tentative)
- Community Facilities Study Overview
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, January 10, 2016
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- County Board
- Neighborhood Conservation Changes (Tentative)
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, February 7, 2016
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- School Board (Tentative)
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, March 6, 2016
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- Election of Nominating Committee
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, April 10, 2016
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 7:30 pm
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, May 15, 2016
GENERAL MEETING:Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- Election of Officers for FY2017
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Sunday, June 12, 2016
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
The November meeting explored how the Open Data movement can be used in municipal government settings to distribute timely data to empower citizens and improve strategic planning. We also voted on a resolution amending the By-Laws regarding payment of dues. Videos of the meeting recorded by Arlington County Public Schools Career Center students is available here:
Highlights of the meeting presentations my be found on the new Open Data Initiative page.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
The second of two meetings devoted to hearing from candidates running for local elected offices in the November election. The October program featured candidates in UNCONTESTED races. We heard from candidates for the following offices::
- Virginia State Senator
- Virginia House of Delegates
- Clerk of Circuit Court, Commonwealth’s Attorney and Sheriff
- Commissioner of the Revenue and Treasurer
We also reviewed a bylaws amendment and a Schools’ Committee resolution [PDF, 43 KiB] opposing the historic designation of Stratford introduced as part of new business.
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
The first of two meetings devoted to hearing from candidates running for local elected offices in the November election. The September program featured candidates in CONTESTED races. We heard from candidates for the following offices:
- Virginia Senate, 30th District
- Virginia Senate, 31st District
- Virginia House of Delegates, 47th District
- Arlington School Board
- Arlington County Board
- A video of the the meeting produced by Arlington Independent Media (AIM) may be found here.
Information on prior meetings may be found in the Meeting Archive.