Civic Federation meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month (September – June; except for November). Meetings begin at 7:30 pm at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
NEXT EVENT: Friday, April 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm
- Awards Banquet
- Keynote Speaker: Congressman Don Beyer (D, VA-8)
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm
- State Delegation
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 7:30 pm
- Election of officers
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Community Energy Plan Update
- Rich Dooley, Community Energy Coordinator, Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE)/Arlington DES gave an update on the Arlington Community Energy Plan. His presentation is below.
- Implementing the Community Energy Plan [PDF, 1.76 MiB]
Schools and Revenues & Expenditures Committees’ Budget Program
Election of Nominating Committee
Bylaws Resolution Introduction
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Arlington County Economic Development Commission [EDC]
- Sally Duran discussed the importance of a flourishing business community which will substantially benefit Arlington taxpayers. We as citizens need to work collaboratively with businesses to find fair solutions when approaching development with a culture of ‘WE,’ not ‘us and them’. Below is her presentation and information on this topic.
Arlington County School Board
- The School Board’s annual presentation included a video released with the FY2016 budget proposal followed by an extended ‘questions and answers’ period with the membership.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Virginia Department of Transportation [VDOT]
- Ellen Vogel and Terry Yates of the Virginia Department of Transportation [VDOT] briefed us on recent issues.
Arlington County Board
- In their annual appearance before the ACCF, County Board members Mary Hynes (Chair), Walter Tejada (Vice Chair), Jay Fisette, Libby Garvey and John Vihstadt provided updates on Arlington’s directions for 2015 and answered questions submitted in advance by the Federation’s committee chairs.
Draft Resolution on Arlington County Retail Plan
- Draft Resolution on Arlington County Retail Plan [PDF, 66 KiB]
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Lee Highway Re-Visioning Plan
- Sandi Chesrown provided an update of the grassroots strategic partnership for re-visioning Lee Highway that is moving forward via 15 civic associations, including Waverly Hills, Arlington East Falls Church, John M. Langston, Glebewood, Yorktown, Tara Leeway, Leeway Overlee, Old Dominion, Donaldson Run, Cherrydale, Waycroft Woodlawn, Maywood, Rock Spring, North Highlands, and Lyon Village. The group is being assisted by Arlington County’s Planning Department and other County department staff.
- County Manager’s Presentation [PDF, 534 KiB]
Arlington Public Schools Superintendent
- Arlington Public Schools Superintendent’s Presentation [PDF, 470 KiB]
Information on prior meetings may be found in the Meeting Archive.