WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad cross-section of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
FY2021 (Jul 2020-Jun 2021) DUES NOTICE
Member dues for the 2021 fiscal year are due and payable, along with annual certifications. You should be receiving a notification from our Secretary, Allen Norton, in the near future. Please also note: 1) Dues for the current year have been reduced to $20; and 2) We are taking down our PayPal account to make necessary updates, so payment should be made by check and sent to ACCF, PO Box 42091, Arlington, VA 22204-9091.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the THIRD TUESDAY of the month from September through June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. For the duration of the Public Health Emergency declared in response to the covid-19 pandemic, all General Meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation will be held via Zoom.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 17 Nov 2020 at 7.00 pm via Zoom
MOST RECENT MEETING
Tue 20 Oct 2020
- Emergency Resolutions Electronic Ballot (see the October 2020 Civic Voice for details)
- Legislative Committee Report and Discussion
- COVID Update: Dr Reuben Varghese, Aaron Miller, Zachary Pope; Questions
- Overview of November General Election Ballot Bonds; relevant committees and county staff will cover specific bonds an questions
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force (and Committee Slate)
- Open Discussion and Vote on a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Video footage of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
- An audio-only file of the 20 Oct 2020 meeting is available here.
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 25 October 2020, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 5 November 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 22 Novmeber 2020, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 3 December 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 15 December 2020, 7p, via Zoom. Registration begins at 6p.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 20 December 2020, 6p, via Zoom
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 17 December 2020
- GENERAL MEETING: Saturday 2 January 2021, TBD, via Zoom. County Board Annual Organizational Meeting.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 24 January 2021, 6p, via Zoom
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on meetings in prior years may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Tue 8 Sept 2020
- 2020 Candidates Forum
- NAACP Membership Application and Vote
- Introduction of a Resolution to Establish a Governance Task Force
- Introduction of a Resolution to Increase the Size of CivFed’s Board of Directors
- Introduction of a Resolution regarding the 2020 Arlington Park Bond
- DRAFT Resolution [PDF, 154 KiB].
- The draft resolution was accepted by the Chair and referred to the Parks and Recreation, Public Services and Revenues and Expenditures Committees.
Disclaimer: The Arlington County Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.