WHO WE ARE
The Arlington County Civic Federation (“ACCF”) is a non-profit corporation which provides a forum for civic groups to discuss, debate, inform, advocate and provide oversight on important community issues, on a non-partisan basis. Its members include over ninety civic groups representing a broad segment of the community. Communications, resolutions and feedback are provided to the Arlington County Government on a regular basis.
General Membership meetings of the Arlington County Civic Federation (ACCF) are generally held at 7.00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month from September thorough June. ACCF does not hold general membership meetings in July or August. Meetings are held at the Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center, ive. On nights of the Civic Federation meeting, the gates of the GOLD Parking lot, which is located under the 1635 Medical Offices off 16th Street North, will be open and there is no charge for parking. If you use another lot, you will have to pay the regular rate to exit.
In case of bad weather, ACCF follows Arlington Public Schools (APS) alert announcements. They review for both day and evening events. Our venue, the Virginia Hospital Center, remains open. However, we do not want our audience members and speakers to risk life, limb or bumper to make it to our meeting. Speakers would be rescheduled for future time.
The Civic Federation is changing the day on which it holds its monthly meetings. Effective October 2019, the Federation’s General Membership Meetings will move to the third Tuesday of the month until further notice. The meetings will continue to start at 7 PM and will continue to be held in the Hazel Auditorium at Virginia Hospital Center.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
Tue 3 Sept 2019
Refreshments at 6.30p, meeting at 7p. Hazel Auditorium, Virginia Hospital Center
- Candidates’ Forum
MOST RECENT MEETING
4 Jun 2019
- Meeting Slides [PDF, 742 KiB].
- Lee Highway Alliance; Ginger Brown, Presenter [PDF,2.7 MiB].
- 1101 Lee Highway (Rosslyn Boathouse) Resolution
- Resolution on North Highlands CA Boundary Change
- APPROVED Resolution [PDF, 442 KiB].
- Cultural Affairs Presentation; Mary Hynes, Moderator [PDF, 15.2 MiB].
- Video footage of the 4 Jun 2019 meeting is available here.
FUTURE MEETINGS and EVENTS
All General Meeting topics are tentative until moved to the ‘NEXT MEETING’ section.
Full 2019-2020 SCHEDULE COMING SOON
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 4 August 2019, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 25 August 2019, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
- NEWSLETTER DEADLINE: Thursday 22 August 2019
- GENERAL MEETING: Tuesday 3 September 2019 at 6.30p, Virginia Hospital Center
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Sunday 22 September 2019, 6p, Arlington Firehouse #2, 4805 Wilson Blvd
PAST MEETINGS and EVENTS
Information on prior meetings may be found in the Meeting Archive.
Disclaimer: The Arlington Civic Federation does not endorse and is not responsible for content, opinion or information contained in any announcements or linked websites.